We’re Hiring - Technical Sales Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's leading safety barrier and handrail companies and be part of its continued expansion.
Based at our Earlsfield office and reporting to the Sales Manager, this is a Field based Sales role that requires you to identify opportunities early on in the construction phase and to generate leads and enquiries through building relationships with customers who use our Kee Klamp Ground Based Solutions and Safe Fixings (BoxBolt and BeamClamp) in the following sectors:
- Material Handling
- General Construction - Retrofit
- Steel Fabrication
- Design & Build
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Light Rail
- Oil & Gas Production
- Ship Building
- Fall Protection
The medium-term plan for this role places a clear emphasis on the development of the Kee Systems business in order to develop significant direct RTM sales growth on all of our Ground Based Solutions and Safe Fixings products. As the role develops and the opportunities grow, the emphasis will move to the development of our Safe Fixings products. The responsibility for personal sales forecasting and target execution are key aspects of this role.
You will be required to respond to in-coming enquiries as well as to generate your own sales enquiries by means of targeting strategically relevant industrial sectors.
We expect you to become a key player within Kee Systems and to work closely with the Sales Manager, making a direct contribution to our strategic development in terms of business development.
Your role will focus on 4 key areas:
- Delivery of a personal sales target
- Generation of Safe Fixings and Ground Based business
- Building repeat customer relationships
- Become a market expert in Safe Fixings Solutions
- The delivery of personal monthly sales target.
- Submission of daily / weekly report sheet.
- An active ownership of key accounts and contracts across the business, with a focus on new business generation.
- Generate enquiries from sales calls and fully utilise lead generation systems
- Produce quotations from customer enquiries based on relevant design standards
- Follow up on your quotations and record feedback on the project tracking data base
- Attend monthly review meeting to analyse results and feedback to improve future performance and conversion rates etc.
- Keep up to date with all relevant design standards & design manuals
- Attend site if required to survey for quotations
- Develop new accounts with major contractors and end users.
- All other tasks within the Sales Development area as requested by the General Manager.
This role requires the individual to be a proactive, a self-starter, customer facing solution provider and would involve 3 days a week out in the field building customer relations.
Full technical training will be provided.
Please apply in writing, outlining why you feel you are suitable for this position, attaching/enclosing your current CV. Applications to be sent to Christian King, General Manager, Kee Systems Ltd, Thornsett Works, Thornsett Road, Earlsfield, SW18 4EW or email: [email protected]