The KEE ACCESS range of cast iron fittings
was developed to help satisfy the requirements of the Equality Act 2010
) and Building Regulation Approved Document M
. Our fittings are designed to provide a smooth and continuous handrail
that is not cold to touch and complies with legislation covering disabled access.
Under the terms of the Equality Act, reasonable adjustments need to be made to public and commercial establishments to overcome physical barriers which prevent disabled access. The Building Regulations recommend an outside diameter tube size for installations of between 40mm - 45mm. KEE ACCESS components are specifically designed to give a smooth handrail with size 7 tube (outside diameter 42.4mm) ensuring compatibility with the regulations.
Kee Systems also offers colour coating service - our fittings can be powder coated in all RAL colours. Polyester powder coating is recognised as suiting the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act. The broad colour range offers a variety of visual colour contrast options and is not cold to the touch. Not only will these colours aid you in complying with the requirements of the DDA, they will also enhance any handrail, guardrail, balustrade or a multitude of other applications.
KEE ACCESS range incorporates a total of nineteen special fittings and is supplied with versatility, ease and speed of installation in mind. These fittings are ideal as a retrofit solution, because the range includes an “Add-on” offset fitting to allow a new handrail to be added onto an existing structure of appropriate size.
Features & Benefits of KEE ACCESS Fittings
- Conforms to the regulatory requirements of Building Regs. Part M for DDA compliance
- Made of galvanised cast iron to BS EN ISO 1461
- Combining 42.4mm handrail with 48.3mm uprights ensures a rigid, sturdy installation
- Meets specified loadings up to 1500 N/m
- Colour coating ensures a “not cold to touch” finish
- Add on components allow non compliant systems to be upgraded
- Fitted with KEE KOAT corrosion protected grub screws and THREDKOAT recess protection
- Cost effective to install – no welding, threading or bolting required
- A flexible system that can accommodate on site variations
DDA Compliant Handrail
To find out more about principles of DDA and step by step guide on how to install a compliant handrail using KEE ACCESS fittings visit our Catalogues page and download Guide to DDA Complaint Handrail.
Kee Systems can help you with all aspects of a project, including Free Technical Assistance, Site Surveys and Installation.
For further information, please call us on Tel: 0208 874 6566 or fill out our online Contact Form and we'll be in touch to discuss your requirements.