Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings® Key Clamps Handrail is the best addition to your site to keep people separated from hazards or protect your equipment. Thanks to the modularity of components, a key clamp handrail can be rapidly adjusted and changed on site. Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings” is the most commonly misspelled word, in fact, some customers use the term Key Clamp when they refer to Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings.
SITES ACROSS UK USE Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings HANDRAILS
Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings (aka Key Clamp), is commonly used in construction, because this type of clamp is the strongest and versatile way to connect steel tubes and create safe handrails. Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings have been the global leader in the construction of tubular structures, handrails, safety barriers and guardrails for over 80 years.
With a Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings handrail system, you can save money and time and you don’t need a specialist welder. What you need it is just a standard hex key, to attach the fittings around the tube.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST A KEY CLAMP HANDRAIL SYSTEM?
All Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings® Key Clamps fittings are hot dip galvanised, ensuring long term durability and resistance against rust and corrosion even in the most demanding coastal areas. Properly installed, a Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings system should last up to 30 years or more. If there is a damage to a Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings structure, you can easily replace the affected area with a new fitting.
In 1937, a Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings handrail has been installed on the top of New York State’s Whiteface Mountain, the fifth-highest mountain in New York. After so many years, extreme cold, snow and wind, fittings are still in good condition.
Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings SAFETY COMPLIANCE GUIDANCE
Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings are iron castings manufactured to the requirements of BS EN 1562 & BS EN 1563. Each fitting can support an axial load of 900 Kg and includes safety factor 2:1. The main fittings are TÜV certified for strength, manufacturing quality and consistency.
FEATURES OF Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings
- Galvanised cast iron to BS EN ISO 1461
- Fitted with KEE KOAT corrosion protected grub screws and THREDKOAT recess protection
- TÜV certified for strength, manufacturing quality and consistency
- Meets specified loadings up to 1500 N/m
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE USE OF FITTINGS
- All grub screws must be tightened to 39Nm. Always ensure that the pointed, cutting end of the grub screw is placed against the tube and that the flat end is away from the tube.
- Wherever possible, fittings should be assembled with the open faces of grub screws pointing downwards (or horizontally) to minimise collection and retention of rainwater etc.
- Do not re-use grub screws; replace with new grub screws from Kee Systems Ltd.
- Do not modify fittings; do not use fittings which are (or appear to be) damaged or defective in any way.
- Do not mix Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings or Kee Lite fittings with other brands, use only genuine Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings or Kee Lite fittings to which these Instructions
WHERE CAN YOU ORDER A Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings HANDRAIL SYSTEM?
Kee Systems is the UK leading ground-based distributor of Kee Safety products. We have more than 60 years of experience, providing a complete solution from technical advice through to supply and installation of safe and versatile Kee Klamp® Key Clamp Fittings Guardrail, Handrail, Railings, Safety Barrier Systems and Fall Protection Solutions. We hold large stock of the most common fittings in our warehouse in London, where we are based.
Our dedicated sales team can advise you on project costs and help with specifying products. You can send us a sketch of the structure you are working on, and we will recommend the best solution that compliant with current building regulations and safety requirements.
- Wide range of safety products
- Expert industry knowledge
- Dedicated Operation Manager
- Technical advice and support
- Quotation and specification service
- Joint site survey if needed
- Design solution in CAD
Download our Product Catalogue and contact us today to discuss your next handrail project!